Windows are built to last a long time, but they still have a life-span. While most windows are designed to last for at least a decade, some need to be replaced more frequently. Several factors come into play when it comes to the longevity of windows, including the environment, the level of maintenance and the quality of the window.
How can you tell if you need to replace your windows? Here are some signs that may indicate that it is time for you to do so:
- Your energy costs are higher – If your utility bills are rising for no apparent reason, you might have windows that are letting conditioned air escape to the outside. Drafty windows will increase your energy costs considerably.
- You hear more noises from the outside – When noises from the outside are louder than they used to be, it might be time for you to replace your windows. You might want to consider upgrading to a double-pane window to increase the sound-proofing of your home.
- Your frames are warped or damaged – When the frames are showing signs of wear and tear, you know it is time for an upgrade. Damaged windows will not only make your house look old and decayed, it will cause your home to become less energy-efficient.
- Your windows are harder to open and close – When windows are damaged and need replacement, they are usually difficult to open and close because the integrity of the window has been compromised. This will make it stick when you try to open or close it.
- Your windows do not stop moisture — Moisture that enters your home leads to wood rot, mold, and other issues that undermine comfort and structural integrity. If your windows no longer provide a waterproof barrier between the indoors and outside, pursue an immediate repair or replacement.
Install New Windows for a Better Home
When it is time to upgrade your windows, Master’s Home Solutions has a long list of replacement windows that will beautify your home and make it more energy-efficient and comfortable. Don’t continue to suffer the consequences of old windows that you can easily replace. Contact us online or give us a call at 610-463-0207 to get a free estimate. Master’s Home Solutions serves customers in Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey.