Has the exterior of an Eastern PA home ever caught your eye because it looked a little different than most? Perhaps the siding looked fairly similar to wood or vinyl, but not quite? It’s possible that what you might have noticed was the home’s fiber cement siding —a unique material often considered superior to other siding options on the market.
Fiber cement siding is made from three basic materials:
- Wood Pulp: Provides flexibility and resilience
- Sand or Fly Ash: Used as a filler
- Cement: Binds the wood pulp and sand together
When mixed with water, the wood pulp dissolves and the cement is activated and becomes hard. The result is fiber cement that is then made into a cost-effective, low-maintenance, durable siding.
For Eastern PA or Western NJ homeowners, some of the prominent features of fiber cement siding are:
- Strong: Fire- and pest-resistant, and the primed surface prevents mold, mildew, and rot.
- Stylish: Available in lap, vertical, and cedar shake styles with the look of wood grain.
- Long-Lasting: Low-maintenance with numerous colorfast paints and stains available.
- Cost-Effective: Increased thermal performance leads to lower energy costs.
Is Fiber Cement the Right Choice for My Home?
With the harsh year-round weather conditions in Eastern PA, fiber cement siding is an excellent choice that keeps your home looking beautiful no matter what Mother Nature has in store. Fiber cement siding doesn’t become brittle during our long, cold winters, won’t crack during frequent freeze-thaw cycles, and can withstand freezing temperatures—even for extended times when the temperatures are below zero.
If you have a historic home, fiber cement siding is a popular choice for architects as a cost-effective choice that maintains a home’s aesthetic appeal. Some home preservation entities have also determined fiber cement siding to be acceptable for use in historic districts.
Are you considering new siding installation for your Eastern PA or Western NJhome? The professional at Masters Home Solutions installs fiber cement siding that offers the highest-grade home protection in the industry. Give us a call to learn more, or fill out our simple online contact form now to request your free, in-home consultation!